Okay guys, it’s that time of year again: birthday resolutions. If you read 2017’s post, you’ll know that I choose to call them that instead of “New Years’ Resolutions” in an effort to make my inevitably horrible birthday more relevant. I realize that I am slightly dramatic about being a New Years’ Eve baby, but you try staying positive on a day where everyone has other plans and the whole world waits until midnight to celebrate your birthday being over. Alright, enough of the drama, let’s get into what I am resolving to do this year.
Each year, I publish my resolutions on my blog so I can hold myself accountable. If I post my goals on the Internet, very many people will see them, and if I am not doing what I said I was going to do, very many people will notice. It’s a good motivation strategy.
So, in 2018, I’m going to…
- Post monthly reviews on the blog. While writing my What 2017 Taught Me, it ended up taking me a pretty long time to think back and remember what I even did in 2017. This year, I want to write about what went on in my life so I’ll have something to look back on.
- Go to the gym every week day. This is something I have been doing since October, and I have decided that I want to commit to continuing that routine. I know that some days I’ll have to drag myself there by the hair (like today), but I’m going to try my hardest to make it.
- Go to church every Sunday. I already know that I’m probably going to be disappointing myself with this one, because there will definitely be Sundays that I can’t make it, but I am at least going to make the attempt. Jesus hopefully will understand.
- Travel to at least twenty new places. In 2017, I resolved to visit ten new places, and I exceeded that goal really quickly. This year, I plan to focus on states I’ve never been to, because I want to explore all fifty in my lifetime.
- Try foods I don’t like. This one is honestly a little weird. I’m not even a picky eater at all, but there are a few common foods I don’t eat that I feel like a lot of other people do (like broccoli, or sausage, for example). And this is the weird part: I want to like all the foods that I don’t like. And literally all you have to do is make yourself eat them until you like them. It worked for me for pickles and for red wine, so I think I’m gonna continue down this strange path of making myself like new foods. I encourage you guys to try it, too. (I know you just shook your head no and thought wtf Sara, but its fine).
- Read more. I’m usually pretty good about this one, but I still want to list it as a goal. I think I’ll go for three books each month. Maybe I’ll even write about them, too, because I always seem to forget what I’ve even read.
- Take my make-up off every night. I had this same goal last year and I completely failed before January was even over, and I literally have no excuse. Let’s see if I can commit to not being so lazy this year.
- Pass my MTELs on the first try. For those of you that haven’t read my What 2017 Taught Me, this one will probably confuse the $@*! out of you. Give that a read, then it’ll make sense. I had to move my first test from December 15th to January 12th, and I’m taking my second one in March. Pray for me.
- Speak my goals into existence. The law of attraction guys. It’s a thing. If you’re interested in learning more about how to get the universe to work for you, watch this video (there are a few others of his you should check out on this topic also) or read this book.
And that concludes my 2018 birthday resolutions! If you see me doing anything that goes against these goals, please feel free to publicly denounce me. I give you full permission to be disappointed in me and shun my existence. Stay tuned for very many more blog posts coming this year – your girl’s gonna step it up!